The Ethiopian Sport Federation in North America (ESFNA) has partnered last year with Deenk Ethiopian Brand Consultant, a marketing and event management company founded by Ermias Ayele to add a running and jogging event to its annual soccer tournament to celebrate Ethiopian athletes’ achievements and running tradition. The first edition of the running event was successful staged during the 2022 ESFNA annual festival in Maryland.
The second edition of the running event will take place during the 40th anniversary ESFNA in Wylie, Texas and the event will be staged at the Founders Park which is walking 3 minutes walk from the Wylie stadium where the main soccer tournament and festival is taking place. Registration for the 5km adult and 1mile children run will start soon.
- Run date: Friday 7 July 2023, 5km starts at 7:30am
- Distances: 5km adult and1mile children
- Start time:7:30am for 5km and 8:00am 1mile races
- Registration fee: June early bird $30 for Adult & $20 for children
$40 for Adult & $25 for children in July
- Runners will get: race t-shirt before race and finishers medal when they finish the event
- Race message: Celebrating the Ethiopian Athletes Achievement
- Charity support: 5% of registration goes to support Meseret Humanitarian Organization working to empower women throughout Ethiopia
TWO REGISTRATION METHODS:
- Option 1: Online registration (click here)
- Option 2: Limited tickets will be available during the 2023 ESFNA festival (2 – 6 July). We advise participants to register earlier in June online to guarantee your participation.